Thread: Can i justify
View Single Post
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 19:47   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Can i justify

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
As a matter of interest during your various courses did you meet many non-left wing lecturers? And if so, can you remember a rough ratio? Just wondering as half of my courses are likely to be the same as yours.
Depends what you mean by "non-left wing". By your standards, they'd have all been left-wing.

The only right-wing (or rather, pro-market) lecturer I've ever had was for Environmental Politics. The class degenerated into an argument with him every single week (there was me and some girl who advocated the abolition of industrial society and return to primitive society). The lecturer never really came out and advocated anything. I recently had a lecture with Julian LeGrand who seems to be in favour with Mr Blair, and advocates more competetion in the health-service and stuff. Not exactly Ayn Rand's bitter right-wing brother though.

There's been a few Marxists (one quite attractive young lady who supervised my dissertation who seemed to own every single copy of New Left Review on her wall), and one guy who in the middle of a lecture of global politics started ranting about the evil of American imperialism to the point where he had to go and sit down.

The rest have been smug liberals of various kinds, vaguely left wing - sneering at authotarian trends or Blairite banality, but the lot of them wouldn't know a picket line from their arsehole.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote