View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2011, 23:54   #1
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Reduce fr/de and cr/bs ETA to fall in line with fi/co

Too long has this injustice been allowed to continue!

I've been thinking of this for a long time, and while I haven't fully convinced myself that it's the right course of action, I'd like to open it up for discussion. Basically, a change to the current ETA system.

- Enable Research to reduce the ETA of fr/de/cr/bs by 1, and an additional 1 for cr/bs by a follow-up research.
- Remove the last two Space Travel researches, and reduce the current universal ETA by 1
- Enable another Research at the end of the tree which gives you an additional -1 to alliance defense missions.

What do I want to achieve with this?

I want to (finally) have fi/co fall in line with the other classes, giving defense two ticks to organize against it, with all ships showing up as eta 8 and defense being eta 7. Along with that, the game won't be so god awfully slow in the early stages of the game for people who go cr/bs. Fi/co will still have the upper hand in that they won't be as research dependent and have faster ETA until 300-400 ticks in.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote