Thread: Stats for r60
View Single Post
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 10:40   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Stats for r60

Targetting in general is pretty boring. All classes fire at the other ship in their metaclass plus all adjacent metaclasses. I would like to have either Fr or De be not the class-that-shoots-at-everything. Don't be too afraid to stray a little from the beaten path.

Going to assume Effs are unfinished.

With 6 classes, having 13 pods makes no sense. Make it 12 (M0RPH3US is right, remove Xan Bs), and turn Etd Fr into Fi.

Ter Bs looks a bit on the strong side and there's almost no Cr-based anti-Bs. Make the Man O War one of Zik's 2 kill ships. Give it init 6 to foster cooperation between Etd and Ter Bs. 1 change solves no less than 4 issues.

A problem with Co in general is that all ships either hug or steal, making its inits entirely inconsequential.

The Guardian is an interesting idea, but with Cr being as well rounded as it is, stealing Cr with the Guardian would actually annoy me as a Cat player, because it upsets my fleet balance and gets me nothing in return.

I would like a race other than Xan to have the main anti-Fi ship (Ter's Torpedo?). There might need to be a second non-EMP ship that beats its init, too, in Fr or De class.

Xan Fr is unstoppable. Needs at least 1 ships that fire at it with better init, with equal or better ETA.

Outside of Xan, there's only 1 T1 anti-De ship.

Zik is entirely underpowered. Needs 2 kill ships with great inits and less stealing into classes it doesn't want to build (Fi and Bs, plus De to an extent). The Cr roiding fleet depends entirely on Cat to get anything done. No Cat = no roids. The Fr roiding fleet needs one of those 2 kill ships to even begin to compete: it doesn't even have Cat backup available and Etd Fr is worthless as a teaming partner.

Zik Co: I like it. Steal a handful of Mosquitos and you're in business. Needs Cat backup too, but for a stolen fleet I mind that a lot less than for the 'built-in' ones.

In these stats, where Fr has to hit 5 classes, Etd Fr is missing a target. Is that an oversight or intentional? If the latter, I'd be interested in hearing what it is.

Liking the interaction between the Smuggler and the Fr/De fleets, but it would be better if one of those fleets actually had something to gain from steals. They already fire at everything anyway, so there's not much point. See above. It also would be more suitable to the Zik fleet.

Useless ship list: Interceptor (fires after both Fr fleets) War Cruiser (Dragon in roiding fleet fulfills same task), Torpedo (fires after both De fleets and the Fi fleet, see fix above), Dagger (bad init, off class) and Clipper (stealing Bs is bad).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 6 Dec 2014 at 10:46.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote