View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 14:29   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Premiership Predictions 2005/2006

1-Man Utd
2-Chelsea
3-Liverpool
4-Arsenal
5-Aston Villa
6-Tottenham
7-Everton
8-Middlesborough
9-Bolton
10-Newcastle
11-Man City
12-Charlton
13-Fulham
14-Birmingham City
15-Blackburn Rovers
16-West Bromwich Albion
17-Portsmouth
18-West Ham
19-Sunderland
20-Wigan

I thought Id also write something on villa while im here.

As a villa fan for years and years, a season ticket holder since I was 7 until 18, I feel that my knowledge of the villa for a student not leaving in Birmingham term time is better than most.

Note ill be going to all the villa games apart from portsmouth away upto and including 19th september.

Why are villa going to finish 6th?

Firstly villa is a top 6 side. We are the oldest team in the premiership (founded 1874) we have won the European Cup in 1982, we have won the league, fa cup, league cup countless of times and our fan base is big home and away. We have a big stadium, a big support and we are a force in British football. Villa always seems to make something out of nothing.

Looking at the facts im a bit dissapointed at the signing of this summer its a bit like signing the euro 96 teams with berger and phillips, however my mind quickly changed when I saw them play against Wolves and Walsall last week. Both seemed fit, quick and skilled and look as though they can add a bite to Villa.

You have to remember last season we by no means did badly. We finished tenth. This was for a side who two seasons ago were too close to relegation for comfort. If we would of won 3 more games we could have been in europe. What villa achieved though was a vision, we need european football again and thats what villa is going to strive for this season.

I look at the villa squad and I see obvious quality you cant get away from it. The defensive pairing of Mellberg and Laursen, a quick fact for you last seasont they were paired half a dozen times, 3 of which ended in a victory and a further two in draws, so if Laursen and Mellberg can maintain full fitness for the majority of the season this is an exciting prospect. Another exciting defensive prospect is a young lad Liam Ridgewell (who scored against Walsall incidently) He also got sent off last season but technicalities, still its good to see youth getting into the defence, which is vital these days in my opinion. As well as that we have strengthened our defence with Aaron Hughes being brought in and of course the Welsh International Mark Delany still around. My favourite defender after Mellberg is Jlloyd Samuel, he is a great player, he just needs his chance to shine, definatly a player to watch out for this season!

Midfield wise, we have a strong Midfield, what more can I say? Barry, Solano, Berger, Hendrie, McCann, Davis, Whittingham. We have depth and width, speed and skill, this is going to be a young, fast midfiled who hopefully will be supplying the balls. The midfielders to watch out for would be Barry, Solano and McCann, however keep on eye on Steven Davis and Peter Whittingam who both can play the ball well.

Attacking wise we are weaker than last season, with less options. If we get Baros we will still be short of the magic 4 strickers DOL is aiming for. However I wont complain at what we have got. Juan Pablo Angel, the man is a legend and can knock them in, he is looking fitter and hungary for the ball, Im sure he will knock in at least 20 goals this season. Kevin Phillips is a head strong character who can play football, I hope he will be a good signing and once again he looks hungary and fit, ready for the new season. finally Luke Moore and gabriel agonlahor. These are the two for the future, I know we always say it at villa but these two can score and will score.

In conclusion villa have a team this season, not a group of individuals, its a young vibrant and exciting team to watch, and I know it will be hard for teams to come to villa park and get a victory especially with the mighty holte roaring as usual.

Villas achievements next season will be:

League Cup
Semi Final FA Cup
Top Six
Beat Blues
Beat Baggies

work towards winning the uefa and then the european cup.

Last edited by pig; 10 Aug 2005 at 15:02.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote