View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:26   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Premiership Predictions 2005/2006

1 - Chelsea
If Drogba doesnt improve, which i think he might do, Crespo should come in and do the business for them. I think he was a bit unlucky to be so heavily criticised in his first season with them, he had a pretty decent goals per game record. EVen with shit strikers they still have Lampard, Duff and Robben Wright-Phillips who will all be looking for 10 goals or more. Rock solid at the back, electric on the break, nobody will catch them.

2 - Arsenal
Probably a worse team than they were last season but i cant see Man U doign enough to overtake them. I'm amazed they havent signed a new keeper and centre back. If they slip to third that will be why, not the loss of Veira. Fabregas and Flamini will improve over the season and do enough to fill Veira's place as long as they are playing with Gilberto and not as a pair on their own. Henry will do the business as always.

3 - Man U
They still lack a world class defender to play with Ferdinand. For some reason Ferguson doesnt seem to play O'Shea as often as I would, Brown is very dodgy and Silvestre isnt much better. Midfield is pretty damn strong although i dont know where Sung will fit in and they are going to have to find a replacement for Keane soon. Rooney is class and wont let United down but Van Nistelrooy might. If i was Ferguson I would go out and buy Owen to fight for Van Nistelrooy's place because Saha is shit, Bellion is laughable and Smith seems to be being groomed for a midfield role. Solskjaer is quality but whill he still perform after so long out?

4 - Liverpool
Who else is going to get into 4th? I like Benitez as a manager, he has improved Liverpool no end but i dont think they have enough yet to break into the top 3. Having said that if either Arsenal or Man U stumble Liverpool will be there to grab their place in the top 3. Should be closer to a 4 horse race this year.

5 - Everton
I hadnt got a clue who to put here. Everton wont be as good as last season but I cant really think of anyone else that will stand up and challenge them to 5th. They've made a few decent signings and in Moyes they have a very good manager.

6 - Spurs
I dont like putting Spurs this high up. They've never finished in the top 6 in the Premiership but maybe its time for that to change. They've had the players to do it for a few seasons, maybe now they have the manager to get the displays out of those players.

7 - Rovers
I'm biased, i've probably put us a lot higher than i should every season but never mind. Last November we were bottom thanks to the shitness of Souness. Hughes improved the team drastically and without too many signings. We are now fitter, hungrier and uglier. We are solid at the back. I think in the second half of last season only Chelsea were tighter at the back than us. Dont worry Deffeh, Amoruso wont get near the starting 11. Kuqi looked very good pre-season, he may well take Dicov out of the first team. He has the same work ethic, looks like he can finish and he gives us more presence up front. In Bellamy we have a top goal scorer and with Pederson a midfielder that will get his fair share of goals. This season we might actually play some football.

8 - Bolton
They always start well and then fade. The same again for them this season.

9 - Boro
Decent team, decent manager but nothing special.

10 - Charlton
Just like Bolton but they always fade very badly int he last third of the season.

11 - Newcastle
Souness, nuff said. Shearer is the only thing they have going for them, and unfortunately he wont be around forever.

12 - Man City
I think Pearce will do a good job, but i cant see them getting much higher than here for this season.

13 - Villa
I've never liked Villa but i'll stick them above Birmingham in the hope that Deffeh can win his bet.

14 - Birmingham
Will Dunn play more than 10 games? I doubt it.

15 - Fulham

16 - Pompey

17 - West Brom

18 - Sunderland

19 - West Ham

20 - Wigan

The bottom 6 could go any way i think but i've played safe and put the 3 promoted teams to go straight back down.