View Single Post
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 15:33   #1
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
R54 stat discussion: revised Round 52 stats

Hi all, I've changed the Beta stats to those of last round (r52). I've chosen these stats because round 52 seems to have been the most well distributed round in recent history in terms of race representation/rankings.

I still need to recheck EMP efficiencies, and I have made some initial changes, they are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes
Normal ships' resources in Cat/Zik/Etd normalized

Ter Wyvern a/c 650 -> 614

Cat Beetle init 1 -> 2, ERes increased

Zik Co switched around, names changed to Cutter/Cutlass
Zik Cutlass (fi/co stealer) a/c d/c reduced
Zik Pirate D/C 491 -> 458
zik Clipper init 20 -> 19

Etd Merchant -> Interceptor, a/c 500 -> 476, d/c 312 ->357
Etd Interceptor -> Thief
Etd Ranger cloak removed
Etd Battleships switched, costs/ERes increased, a/c d/c unaffected
Etd Broker -> Guardian

Things I wanted to achieve with these changes:

Bs was pretty strong this round and I wanted to reduce their strength slightly - Wyvern's armour was incredibly high so I felt a nerf was appropriate. Along with that I brought Etd Bs's costs closer to Ter Bs so it doesn't flak as well for Ter.

Cat/Zik Co always is good together, and Fi was fairly weak - raising Beetle's init while also bolstering its EMP resistance means it will get frozen by Spider before it fires, but not as much as the average Corvette. On top of that, the Zik Co stealing fi/co needed to be a bit weaker. I do think Co->Fi/Co is very strong itself, but many see this as a 'signature ship' of Zik, so as long as its power isn't over the edge it'll be fine.

Etd Fr was the big bad wolf r52, and while I have no problem with Xan being basically defenseless against it, I do think the Ranger being cloaked is a bit too much. This way, Etd is a little easier to counterattack by Xan Fi if their Rangers are out, and Etd will have a harder time faking them ingal.

Things I am still pondering about:

I don't much like Xan Fi stopping itself, but there isn't much leeway with targeting for Xan.

Bs teamed up is still quite fearsome, while De is pretty strong on defense (primarily because it's good vs Bs).

Gryphon seems like a waste of space, as both attackfleets of Ter already have and need anti-Cr.
Bomber I don't recall being built much either. While it is not bad vs Etd Bs, Xans will be able to attack with De and amassing Ghost just seems like the smarter thing to do. It does have its niche, though.
Scorpion is in a similar spot, even if you don't go Cr the Roach is probably more efficient in 9/10 scenarios as it freezes first.

Thoughts?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote