View Single Post
Unread 9 Apr 2016, 06:22   #76
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: R67 Shipstats proposals

Not a bad write up, BB.

Etd Fi, specifically the Sylph, probably needs to be stronger in order for it to do what it's supposed to: strike quick and hard vs planets that either have their Fr out or are simply weak against Fi. Increasing its damage, perhaps at the cost of 1 armour, might help with that.

Xan Co is supposed to be similar to this round's except spread over 3 ships, I think it'd be more balanced that way. It's the whole reason I went with Xan Co instead of Fi, so that it's targeted by 3 classes.

I think Fr is not as strong as De but has an easier time landing due to EMP. I disagree with you on Cat/Zik having poor synergy vs Bs, but that's because the Mantis should have higher ERes. If you go Mantis/Rogue, Mantis are very cheap making them good flak for Rogues who then fire before Ter Bs.

De was obviously the biggest concern of many. I think it's very solid on defense, and perhaps slightly too easy to attack with as it prefires everything when combined, but you really don't need much value in any class to force a recall. They are the spacebricks, hard to attack, hard to attack with. Note that efficiencies are higher than where I wanted them.

I like where Cr is, my only concern was that both Zik and Etd have 4 ship builds with Fr/Cr that could make them pretty good defensively.

Ter/Cat Bs is supposed to be more offensive - if you put most of your resources into two ST ships, the result should be that you are strong against two classes, one fleet is strong, but you are weaker against the rest. Roach should definitely be 10-20% more efficient, though.

Going over the stats, my biggest complaint is that my unique EMP interactions were removed. Beetle, Mantis and Creditor are supposed to have higher relative ERes (similar to Recluse) to compensate for firing later. Instead now they just get frozen as usual and you need like 200% value in Beetle to stop a Fi inc - noone will choose Beetle over Wasp in this scenario (aside from support planets).

EMP efficiencies do still need a closer look, though, and settle somewhere between where they are and where r66's have ended up.