View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 02:59   #36
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice
Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
If it reflects your alliance badly, dont post then. I believe its that simple. Rep is there as you quite rightly said to determine the reputation of a user. This is done on there posts. It is also done on wether or not you agree with there opinion. I personally think its a good way to measure a poster.

Im sure I gain more negrep than you, however im also sure I gain more pos rep on AD than you. Taking GD out of it, I would say that I get a high chunk of rep from AD, ie pos/neg rep. This indicates to me two things. Firstly people take notice of my posts, when they pos rep it, it indicates im doing something correctly. When I get negrepped it indicates some disagree with me or im doing something wrong. I adjust the way I post to concur with these thoughts.

I was going to negrep you. And for your mental note, I have 10100 reputation points, 2300 posts and ive been registered here for 4 years. That means I can decrease your rep by 128. I would put you in red. However I shant negrep you because you arent posting shit. However if you did post shit, and decreased by circa 130 rep points, you will know who it is.
The reputational system isnt fair for that exact reason. you have been here for 4 years and for 4 years you and ur friends could costantly pos rep eachother. Sure you might get a lot of random pos reps, but when you and ur friends have constantly pos repped eachother for years, their reputation is far more valuable then the random posres of people who actually liked ur posts.

My 3 green dots dont reflect the amount of pos rep compared to neg rep either. i could post brilliant posts, get 10 random pos reps for it, gain 30 or 40 points with that, then on a totally unrelated issue i could get a random neg rep without any comment or a simple "omg eXilition with a green dot" comment, and those 40 points would be gone.

The system isnt fair because it favours elitism.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote