View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 16:24   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Reps are not discussions therefore this holds little relevance. Having new people being turned away from the boards would be a problem, much more so of a problem if they're actually being turned away from the game (I severely doubt this is the case though). Possibly new posters can't get repped or give rep until they have fifty posts? I'm not sure what the best approach would be in this area.

I think it does hold some relevance if the person who gets this negreps actually reads them and feels both hurt and saddend by them. People, we have to understand that there are actual people hiding behind the nick and that people have feelings and that sometimes they can feel themselves unjustly punished for something they didnt comprehend or understand was wrong in their eyes.

As I said, i've talked to alot of people who actually HAS stopped posting on the forums because they got so much insults both in messages and in reps that they didnt want to use the forum as a medium for communication between the players as it should be. I advocate for them and feel that they should be accepted with the same sense of maturity and hospitality that you would usually give someone who tries to communicate with you. I hope that maybe atleast someone would try to atleast act more civilized when exposed to these new players instead of just shunning them. There has been enough attempts to kill this community that we dont need to start feeding on our own new players by insults or negrepping with comments like: You are an idiot and will always be etc etc..

I understand that some people might find it amusing to give red and green blobs to whomever they might want to give them to, and they should be allowed, by all means.. But maybe one thing that should be considered is to remove the comments field atleast for the red blobs. We dont need to have people being so much hurt that they dont want to play this game anymore.

Last edited by Kargool; 25 Jan 2006 at 16:37.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote