View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2014, 10:44   #32
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: What now Lunar_Lamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Who says it will be 2 100 man tags?
If it realy is 6 equal tags in game, it will be 6 tags equaly capable of competing about being the best recruiting new players to the game and training them.
R50 ROCKs memberbase was 50-60% new players wich they brought into the game to fill up the tag. Was that a bad thing?
We all say because we know. It will create a gap between those with larger communities/those with best players and those who want to play together in their alliance that has been going for multiple rounds.

For example if Ultores and FaNG played with 100 man tags then i think we can almost guarantee they would be close to full as both would be contenders for round win. Now we also have ND and HR, they have communities of over 100 people, not all play in thier alliance because of current tag restrictions but they could fill upwards of 80 members quite easily.

So that is roughly 350 players. We have 850 planets on average atm and probably 600 (and that is very generous) play in 'active' tags (over 10 members)so 60% of the playerbase is now in 4 tags of which only 2 will be going for the win. Politics will be stale and anyone not in a tag of 60+ will just be farmed down by sheer numbers of fleets attacking them. As a smaller tag you couldnt declare war on Ult or FaNG in my example because their defpools have just increased by 120 fleets, they cope ok atm, with 40 more members they would be inpenetrable.

Im not against raising tag sizes in the future but the playerbase has to be on an upwards curve for this to happen. I think that 10% of the playerbase as a tag limit is a good marker. With fluctuating signup atm ranging from 650-850 and tags of 60 a full alliance is roughly 8-9% of the overall playerbase. As far as im concerned that is fine and there is no reason to change. If it dropped to 6-7% due to an upward turn in signups then it should be increased to 70 and then 80 if the upwards curve continues but just taking the limits off or setting a random large number like 100 is wrong and would probably kill the game for a lot of the regular active playerbase.

In conclusion i think tag sizes is something to be discussed and monitored by the PA team when all the improvements they are making come to fruition and the signups start rising but until then there is far bigger problems with this game that need to be addressed first of which i personally think the biggest is taking some of the emphasis off 24/7 play and making the interaction more session based which would help more people play casually and possible open up new markets of players.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote