View Single Post
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 13:52   #64
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

That would be a hard call to me, so many great sci-fi's especially the lesser heard of ones.

I geuss I'd have to jump on the The 5th Element bandwagon as one of my all time favourites.

That aside there is one movie I'd rate in the top 5 that I am sure would have the crowds booing and popcorn hurled my way.

Battlefield Earth

When it came out all my friends said it was shit, so I never saw it.

When it came to DVD every review on every site I saw said it was shit, so I never hired it.

Then I chanced on a copy that a friend had and being the dedicated sci-fi person I was I had to at least give it a go.

The verdict? I was pleasantly surprised, maybe it was the fact that my expectations had been dragged so horribly low that it seemed so good but I thuroughly enjoyed the film.

The plot was original, none of the effects were overdone, maybe it wasn't everybodies cup of tea but it hardly deserves the bad wrap that critcs gave it. The underdog factor alone elevates it in my eyes.