View Single Post
Unread 1 Aug 2014, 15:56   #63
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R58 Papadoc Stats discussion

Ter De: Stopped by every race.

Ter Bs: Stopped by no race. Uhhhhh.

Cat Co: Only 2 classes to worry about here, but unlike for Xan Fi, it makes little difference here. 4 ships for full coverage.

Cat Cr: Good.

Xan Fi: The lack of a third class to target makes this interesting, at least. Xan Fi has real trouble defending against everything except Co and De, so this is a clear XP-oriented setup.

Xan Fr: Whereas this fleet is just bad, fighting Ter De for the honour of being the worst in the universe.

Zik De: There is not much point to the Cutter being a kill ship. All Fi fires before or at the same time as it, and stealing Fi would actually be really nice. Beyond that, this fleet is mediocre at best.

Zik Bs: Stealing Cr is terrible, and the kill ship is not much better. Not really sure how to fix Zik.

Etd Co: Looks good. Perhaps a little on the strong side, but not overpowered. Good teaming option with Cat Co too.

Etd Fr: Aaand this is bad again. Nothing good to team up with, and everything out-inits it.

Etd Cr: Interesting. Beats De, beaten by Bs. Fr is largely irrelevant, so high ratio of Chimera will be good. Good teamup partner too. This fleet is essentially what they should all have been like.

These stats are far from finished. Fr and De are terrible, and Ter Bs is far too strong. Give Ter De better inits, and give at least 2 races something to really crush Ter Bs. Lancer must be one of them. Co and Cr looks alright, though I dislike that Cat and Etd can teamup with both. Zik's effs make up for some of its downsides, but I'd still prefer lower effs and better inits on the kill ships, and more sensible classes for them to shoot at. Also, at least 1 Zik fleet needs to be able to team up with an EMP fleet. Perhaps switch Zik Cr and Etd Bs? I'm surprised at the lack of Etd EMP ships as well. The Dealer would be my first choice, and it would have to be good enough to counter some of the strength of Cr and Bs. Mind you, these are just the most glaring issues, they need work beyond that.

At this point I don't feel any of the 3 sets is ready to play with. I would've said that was the reason Appoco hasn't picked a set yet, if I didn't suspect (read: "wasn't nearly certain") that Appoco just hasn't gotten around to it yet. With round start a week away, we should start looking into a set to reuse. Preferably not one that's too old, or it'd cost just as much time rebalancing it as fixing any of these 3 sets would.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Aug 2014 at 16:10.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote