Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 16:49   #649
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Whether DLR is a bg or an alliance is irrelevant. I just find it stupid that someone tires to dictate that an alliance can block with another, but a bg can't.
I just posted on this topic. To clarify MY view on this, alliances CAN block (and I define DLR as an alliance - as by every reasonable interpretation of what a PA alliance is DLR qualifies). The restrictions aren't on what alliances can do - they're on what planets can do. In the specific case being discussed all the HC involved (DLR/ND) agree that the two AREN'T blocked - which is precisely why the issue of individual planets being support planets becomes relevant. If DLR/ND WERE blocked then it is obvious that you'd expect cooperation between them. But if they AREN'T (and shouldn't we take their word for that?) then a member of one who acts mainly as though he were a member of the other IS, by any reasonable definition, an out of tag member of one alliance (a support planet) - rather than a "proper" member of the alliance whose tag he uses for convenience.