View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 11:59   #34
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
The original 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds" by H.B. Halicki was this kind of film. I cannot remember an action movie in the last 10 years that would be considered one of the great works of all time.
that's because all action movies of the past 10 years have been shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Let us not forget that what defines a good or bad movie ultimately is up to the individual experiencing it.

While you make a semi-valid point I don't feel you are being entirely fair to Travler.

I think the main point he was trying to get across is that for most of us we go to see an action movie for some form of escapism.

I have yet to see the Transformers movie myself, and while I have some fond memories of the franchise as a kid I am by no means a fanatic.

When I go I expect to see huge transforming robots battling it out with each other. Whether the script is good or bad and if the acting is on par is really of no relevance since this is not a movie meant to be steeped in realism (cant recall the last time I saw a prime mover turn into a hulking colossus... though there was that monster truck show I went to once..).

At the end of the day its just an excuse to disengage the brain for a couple of hours cheap entertainment.
I don't demand realism I do however demand some kind of quality above absolutly terrible. If you have a terrible scrpt, acting and direction wheat else is left for you to enjoy? If you want to see pretty colours take some LSD or something. Just don't try to defend bad filmsand act as if it's the fault of the genre rather than the people who actually make the movie.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote