View Single Post
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 21:44   #4
adete

adete is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Constructions / Research

* scans are better (less accurate now), and everyone can afford them - good

* research is free, and the options are better than they were before. I would have liked a small reduction in research times though.

* constructions are working good as they are, but I agree that the loss in constructions for a defender is too high as it is. It takes at least 3-4 days to rebuild after a hard attack, and if a defender is waved he could be set back 2-3 weeks in construction. This destroys a bit of his ability to continue the game.

* All in all I think the new system is far better than the old, and gives more tactical choices and differences between the different players.

* It could be implemented differences between the races though, like:

- 1 race could get higher effect from scans (more info perhaps, or 1 xtra type)
- 1 race could benefit greater from mines (higher income or reduced cost)
- Reduced levels of research to get minimum travel time for a race (like 1 race could start 1 research level ahead of another in this branch -> this could also be done for other research branches as well)
- 1 race could have reduced production time or production cost for xtra factories
- 1 race could get let's say 1% xtra income for each finance scenter instead of 0,5%
- etc
----------
I posted new style, but I think some of the suggested changes could be implemented as well.