Thread: Norsemen
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2015, 13:56   #14
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: Norsemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Agree - There is a chance to move away from IRC however at the same time I do not feel the necessity to remove it as the "official" channel to planetarion. I looked in to using slack last year (we use it a lot at work) but we already had telegram in p3nguins which is linked up to our eff bot so there was no clear benefit of doing the switch over. I would liken slack to just being another channel to pa there is nothing wrong with choice. Basic CSS changes to give PA a more responsive look/feel would be more welcomed than a move to a different messaging platform, with that being said there is no harm to improving the in game mail system to be more "chatty"
If I recall correctly, Telegram is similar to WhatsApp in terms of notifications. I assume you have a private group for your alliance and any messages delivered to the group isn't notified to team members device, unless they have the correct notification settings (most will disable this due to spam). Unless of course you message each team member separately, which is kind of the same logic as using .sms <member> on irc 50 times. Slack however, you can just type @group Munkee smells and it notifies every team members device, similar to how you message a contact individually on Telegram/WhatsApp.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote