View Single Post
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 18:12   #49
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Rabbagast

There is no doubt that titans/ldk/virus/section +plushlabs had been dominating.
You can claim that fury/fang was loosing, but from what I know they were far from dead.

Looking at it from my side I honestly believe that we would have been able to give you quite a good challenge towards the end.

We had no intentions of loosing 1 month before the ticks were supposed to stop. As far as I'm conscerned, the real war had not even started yet..

My bet would be that ; coordinated strikes with wp/ely/auld/hirr/kon/madcows in addition to the ones you were already getting from fury/fang/tot and later also nos could stop you guys from winning the round.
I'm not sure about that. From my perspective, Titans/LDK seemed to be having little trouble maintaining their lead even right at the end.

I have never been a great fan of Titans (due to some ancient history ), but their performance in r8 really was quite impressive. At the end, Titans/LDK, numbering less than 250 members between them, were holding their own against a substantially larger group of alliances and, from my perspective, seemed to be winning.

It's weird really. If the round had continued for another month, and Titans/LDK had actually won, it would have arguably been the most impressive victory since r2, in terms of the odds that the winning alliance(s) had to overcome. Whilst the Titans-hating side of me doesn't like to admit it, they were actually a pretty damned effective alliance, and an excellent challenge as an enemy.

I also suspect that the round would have, to some extent, ground to a halt in the final month anyway. Roid/score ratios were becoming very bad, and it was impossible to actually roid a genuine hostile planet without overkilling it massively. We could have grown by roiding neutrals (or Virus ), but Titans/LDK already had a lead on us and we would have had to actually hurt them in order to overtake them. From my perspective, that didn't seem to be happening enough
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote