Thread: What a fag !
View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2004, 05:43   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What a fag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
To use the argument you are fond of with regards to drugs; if I have a .PDF of your "registered copyright" novel and I copy this to another machine in my house for my flat mate to read then you are saying armed men should be allowed to break down my door to stop me violating your freedoms in some bizarre abstract sense.
I'll reply to the rest of your post later, but Id like to point out that I do accept this, and I think that it is a proper thing for the government to do. However I wouldn't support a law where the average copyright offender received jail-time, since this punishment greatly exceeds the magnitude of the crime. As a comparasion, although I support laws outlawing theft, I would have very large moral objections to a government that wanted to execute theives or jail them for 10 years. In the case of you copying a single registered PDF file, I wouldnt say that the punishment should exceed the cost of the PDF plus $100 or so (cf: shoplifting), and it probably wouldnt be worth the government's time taking action.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I've changed my stance on the enforcement of drug laws, and I would be quite pleased if every police-force in the country tomorrow broke down the front doors of everyone suspected of consuming illegal drugs, and arrested them. The best way to get rid of stupid laws would probably be to actually start fully enforcing them.

Last edited by Nodrog; 23 May 2004 at 06:01.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote