View Single Post
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 09:36   #76
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Example 1:
XP Gained = 2,000

Score increase is: 2,000 x 60 = 120,000

Resource equal to score: 120,000 x 100 = 12,000,000

Resource Distribution: 12,000,000 / 3 = 4,000,000 per resource.
Ive been trying to find my planet history but cant.. I jumped to #1 on XP at the beginning of this round due to BS rushing..

I hit 3 top players and landed on 2 of them while i had hardly any value or anything.. I capped 300 roids and jumped 200k score which took me to #3.

Ontop of that, you're now saying i should of got an additional 120k value? pushing my value well ahead of anyone elses and giving me a huge value lead at the beginning of the game?

You're basically suggesting giving salvage for attackers but its dependant on how big the target is.. with a system which could give attackers a huge amount of salvage even when their is no loss?

[quote=Ave;3199718]If the player gets 50-75 roids by hitting a noob, he rather stays home when he is about to lose twice as many from his own attackers and if the roids produce more thats one more reason added to hold on to them.

So on top of the bash limit and flexibile roid cap ratio, we've got to implement a mechanic where players lose ships automatically when they hit people within their bash limit but deemed too low?

Quote:
you just self said the top players are about to get def, so they are pound to defthemselfs even the landing was supported by salvage or xp turned as money, no one has said it gives both score and resources.
but you're making the defence harder and harder. They may still get defence but simply making attacking easier doesnt help much and it really annoys the top players.

Quote:
the fleet morals step in when xp fails, its costy to hit the safe 50-75 roids. U pay for fleet moral versus some possible fleet loss, also smaller cap compared to hitting players on your range.
We already have the smaller cap which could be tweaked. Now we've got to implement ship loss?

Quote:
when there are enough couraging factors people atleast dare to check the defence abilitys of the top allies.
We've implemented multiple things now to encourage people to hit top players, none of them work. Why? As they're top players, people dont want to hit them as no-matter what is implemented, they are much less likely to land successfully.

Quote:
do you know why the attacks u described above doesnt land? because the game dont support to take ANY losses. Thats why we need attackers salvage, xp bonuses to make u consider landing and the defence and communication part instead increases, needs some thinking aswell, so they arent easy coverages, u cant send defences where u lose more than 100k ships, but knowing attacker wont land losing 20k which is EXPENSIVE TO REBUILD.
No, i'll try and explain.

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=tc5ubjgpgwxzi85

Here is a calc, what you're saying now is that if the attacker got say 200k salvage.. he would land and we would have a battle..

When reality is, if we implement salvage for attackers, the calc would look like this:

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=1dfy96wusaa01dm

Alliances wont leave defence uncovered, they will adjust their defence to account for the attacker salvage. The point of defence is to make it unprofitable for the attacker, weither the attack has salvage or not.. defenders will make it unprofitable for the attacker or they wont defend and it will be uncovered.

Quote:
Please people open your damn eyes, there are no battles, we are cabable to fix this.
Here's the thing.. We've implemented:
1. Bash Limit
2. Variable Roid Cap Rates
3. XP
ontop of the fact, that attacking bigger players brings bigger rewards anyway, as they have more roids and that alliances have to take down the top players of other alliances in order to win.

Do we really need to add in XP Trade for resources, Attacker Salvage and Fleet Morale to try and solve the problem?

The reality is, the top players are top as they're good players. People dont want to hit them, as they're top players, they are going to be online and get defence, they're going to cover your attack as a priority, you're probably not going to land.

Do we really need to keep adding in more features which continue to punish the top players? simply for being top?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote