View Single Post
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 11:12   #79
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I suggesting that we replace XP with Value gain.

So instead of gaining 120k score from 2000 xp, you would gain 120k score in resources.
I would suggest handing back the 120k score in 120k shipvalue rather than in 120k resource value.

Imho there are 2 implementations possible in this 'XP-resource-trade' system.

In implementation 1 you keep the current XP system, but you are able to trade in the XP you've build up into resources at any time in the game. Opening up deeper tactics like 'resource hiding' to keep your subsequent XP gains as high as possible.

In implementation 2 the XPscore gets traded to resources straight after battle, and rename it to 'looting gains' or 'spoils of war'. Ofcourse the target planet does not loose these resources as their resources are kept in heavily guarded resource bunkers etc, but are looted from the population of the planet.

I personally prefer implementation 1 because of the deeper tactics it enables. However, in cooperations with other adjustments that focus more on population management, implementation 2 opens up more possibilities later on in development (like killing a certain amount of the population in an attack etc)

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote