View Single Post
Unread 14 Oct 2014, 13:24   #1
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about
Round 60 and beyond

Since I saw Appoco post about ships stats for round 60 and beyond I thought I would have a think about the big picture. This will be my 4th round back after playing here and there since the early rounds. Before I start I do really enjoy PA and this is not a complaining post. Howver I think MOST players would say we need to mix things up abit. The same strats have been used since I've been back and even longer I expect therefore I have come up with a few changes to introduce for the big Round 60.

Firstly all the below changes are basic outlines and would need the community to critic them and refine them.

Population (I would get rid of the current system and make this into a new system which players develop. So...

I would have Resources, Construction, Production time, Security and Mining as the same but instead of adjusting you work on a certain branch... For Example
Just like the research tech tree you chose one of the 5 categories set above and after 20 ticks you gain a bonus related to that branch. The 20 ticks would go every 20 ticks until 100 and then change to every 100 ticks. The bonus' I suggest are all a 10% increase in the chosen area maybe capped at 50%. This would hopefully add another dimension to the early strategies and another to compliment governments.

Governments (pretty much everyone have the same strats on this up till now)

Corp= Mining +25%, Research -10%, Construction +5% Production -5% Stealth -10% and Alert +10%.
Demo= Mining -5%, Research +30%, Construction -5% Production 10% Stealth +5% and Alert -10%
Nat= Mining +15%, Research +10%, Construction -10% Production +5% Stealth -20% and Alert +25%
Soc= Mining +10%, Research +15%, Construction +10% Production +5% Stealth +5% and Alert -5%
Tot= Mining 0, Research -15%, Construction +20% Production +15% Stealth -15% and Alert -10%

I know these are not big changes from the current set up but I think they are more balanced and will give more variation between player strats.

RESEARCH TECH TREE

TT & ships: I would leave time travel and ships the same..

Infra: I would remove the 20-50 cons branch
Scans: the same except add information on the above Pop changes to Planet scan to help Covert Ops.
Cores: 5k-10k-20k-40k (but make the time for 20 to 40 much longer so you pay a penalty for rushing cores)
Covert Ops: the same except maybe add a subvert for population.
HCT 250as start then.. 500-750-1000-1500-2000-3000-4000 etc..

two new branches.first in construction upgrades... You have the ability to upgrade cons so for example... The first research would upgrade Res Labs.. This would change the original lab from 1in5 cons to 1-10cons effectiveness. The upgrade would cost x1.5 the original cost of construction and 1.5% construction time/points but would offer a x2 increase in effectiveness. So another example if FCs 0.5% would become 1%.. I would leave amps and dists alone and still hold the cap on FCs and maybe MCs(but that's a different discussion)

So the branch would be as follows:
REs Labs expansion-Ref Expansion-Factories exp- FC expansion- MC expansion.

The next new branch is Ship upgrades... So...
The branch is as follows:
Armour upgrade +2% (RP1600)-Damage upgrade +2%(RP1600)-Production cost decrease -2%(RP1600) -
Armour upgrade +3% (RP3200)-Damage upgrade +3%(RP3200)-Production cost decrease -3%(RP3200) -
Armour upgrade +5% (RP4800)-Damage upgrade +5%(RP4800)- Production Cost decrease -5%(RP4800)

the point of this branch and the other new branch is to add some variety. so people are thinking of new strats and also to make res last much longer so your not just stuck with HCT half way through the round. I don't know how hard to code plus the bcalc the ships upgrades branch would be.

CONS: would change as described above in the construction upgrade tech branch.

I think the overall point of these changes is to give the game a new approach and get players thinking of new strats and keep them not getting bored at week 4-5.

I would like to point out that these aren't all my ideas... I have seen some good plans for others in the forum such as Caj and I think there is definite room for changes (more the new ships stats and tweeks of govs)...

Please give me your thoughts.. let me know what wouldn't work and if there is anything that would be a good addition...
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote