Thread: Mehh
View Single Post
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 16:14   #223
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Mehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
He also thinks I'm a twat.
*Could Everyone form an orderly queue... no pushing or jumping place, thank you*
No wonder you made him look like a liar. Sun_Tzu is not daft and would have been a great HC mentor to you If you listen to him.

Quote:
Basically I suffer from the same lack of experience as HC as anyone who's 'taken up the role' in the last 10-15 rounds. I've missed a lot of tricks this round, and couldn't possibly hope to have the same kind of round-long military perspective as the likes of tzu/lordn or even cardi and such ilk. I'm basically only in this for the metagame; actual gameplay interests me very little. My 'style' of HC'ing is ignorant of statistics (which don't interest me) and couldn't run a long-term war if I tried.
In fairness admitting your faults does take a bit of balls. Fair play, No flamming nessesary. I would also like to say Your HR/Member managements skills this round are far superior to CarDi this round. Sacking most of the orbit boys was just plain ****ing dumb Apprime.

Quote:
There are very few people who are HCs now that could have lead an alliance 20 or 30 rounds ago, and I don't claim to be one of them. What I am is very fortunate to play in a game whereby anyone truly competent has f**ked off and allowed for newschool giants like myself to step into the void and bring a different, inferior kind of gameplay to the table.

For all my weaknesses though, I have different strengths. My organisational skills are pretty hot (I'd have maybe made a good admin HC back in the day, so long as I kept out of anything more serious) and my ability to read people is also fairly strong. I have a reasonable understanding of politics too, which in the current game environment is, I feel, just as useful as knowing how to do military properly.

LordN quit after an argument with myself over a couple of things. And the decision to end the nap with newdawn obviously wouldn't have sat well with his oldschool gameplan (as he's suggested). Our 'styles' simply clashed, which is to be expected. As much as I'd have failed as an HC 20-30 rounds ago, I'm evidently competent enough to HC today. And yes, I'm fully aware that says more about how crap the game is than how good I am :P

Tzu will be able to explain all this and my/other newschool HC failings in much more detail, but atm he's keeping his mouth shut because he's worried he'd offend me if he went public with what he thought about the whole situation.

And I love him for it! <3
I am going to be rather frank...
Sun_Tzu and lordn are 2 clued up Seasoned Veterans and have Superior Military/command and Politics skills than yourself.

No "oldskool/newskool" bullsh*t is required.

You basically told Sun_tzu / Lordn **** yous two I know better. When this round would have been a good oppourtunity to get time served (or at least on the way) in HCing... not 1 but 2 fine mentors to get you on the way.

The problem with breaking your word is You can end up in the same predictament as apprime. Where if they are in a dominent postion there will be a counterblock against them... They Go from being a "superpower" ally to a flak ally.