Thread: Mehh
View Single Post
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 11:00   #211
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Actually I donīt think you can be sued for saying "I want to kill you", at least Iīm pretty sure thatīs not possible in germany.

As to the whole backstabbing thing: I think itīs a matter of personal choice.
However, the point that has been made before is the fact NFI (Kenny) made big words about how they certainly wouldnīt do exactly what theyīve done. Thatīs pretty much all this is about, maybe add the hypocrisy of saying "weīre going to make this interesting" while securing fresh NAPs to ensure it wonīt be too interesting in the end.

I for one donīt give a fck about this move, apart from laughing about ND for being at the pointy end of the stick without the support they could have gotten earlier in the round.
Yeah, I'll hold my hands up to that every time. I said one thing, and now it looks though I've just gone back on my word which yes - is a very shit thing to do.

I guess the way I justify it is the same way I justify not adding every Tom, Dick and Harry to my facebook friends list (or delete people I don't speak to anymore). There comes a point at which a friendship is dead due to either a disagreement or simply growing apart. Or, certain relationships were developed purely out of proximity or convenience; there comes a point where lack of substance or the bond holding people together is no longer applicable.

This is very much the case with NewDawn. What started off as a relationship built out of mutual interest/proximity (much of which is down to the RL friendship of Amon/LordN/Tzu) - it was never a 'friendship' (if words like honour aren't applicable in a game like this, then 'friendship' is certainly another term vastly overused and should be off the table also) - and it descended into that of little substance. When NewDawn nap'd Asc, there was no more working together, all we had were two alliances who couldn't hit each other based on an arbitrary agreement made earlier on in the round.

There are several people in NewDawn who I do like. I'm fond of Catwoman, and I like Amon too. There are serveral people in the playerbase of NewDawn I like also, but nobody else I'd consider anything like a 'friend' (except for shows-up-every-once-in-a-while-damo8). I certainly wouldn't say that towards the end of our 'relationship' we were even on 'friendly' terms (by definition). We were simply two alliances acting independantly of each other who personally I'd fallen out with due to arguments concerning DZ's attitude. But yeah, even when arguing with him I found myself drawn into behaving like a petty twat. On the few occasions I tried genuine debate I was stonewalled and so out of frustration I let my tongue run away with itself, as it were. I have since apologised to DZ for this (despite still thinking he's a muppet), but was met with abuse for that too, so have since given up talking to him. I don't think either of us came off particularly well in any of those logs.

Politics in Planetarion should be allowed to remain fluid. My single regret in all of this was my original "we will never go back on our word" claim. In fact no, it was probably my naivity in suggesting that we should make an agreement that will last irrespective of circumstance. Oh well, lesson learned etc. In terms of the decision to end the NAP agreement with NewDawn I stand by that, and would repeat the decision again and again. In terms of how people should 'judge' me, then yeah - I guess some people will see things in black and white and believe that I can't be trusted, but hey. It's just a game; hardly any of you actually mean anything to me, and whether you trust me to keep a non-agressive pact in a web-browser game certainly isn't going to affect whether or not my contract at work is renewed in 3 weeks time (although, spending time writing this instead of actually working might).

It's all down to a matter of perspective, I guess. People in NewDawn certainly appear to feel like I can't be trusted. If you ask the guys I'm working with in Conspiracy (and with whom I have a far stronger relationship than that of the NFI/ND one) they may have a completely different take. Who knows. Anyway, I've said my piece, admitted I have acted hypocritcally; I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Maybe see you at the EORC!

[/Kenny]