View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2005, 16:17   #247
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: go go go Exilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
Yes very good. You've done two BRILLIANT things here. First off, you've accused an alliance of something in another game that you personally have no proof of and know very little about. However, I will not deny this fact as I have seen good evidence against the fact that there was botting. Then, the next great thing you did, was you associated another alliance's actions in another game to EX's in PA. EX didn't bot. Dragons did. It wasn't in Planetarion. It was ********. So really, you have no point there. Are there cheaters in EX? Most likely. Are there more than any other alliance? No, we have no proof of that. I'll let qebab handle that.

Exactly. Really, everyone just "thinks" they know that EX is cheating, and they are just SO sure of it. No one, at least no one that has posted here, has proof of EX cheating. It's not hard to syncronize fleets between a few people. It's not hard to call others to wake them up for defense and attacks. So really, unless you can show us/me something and say they are cheating because ____, you really shouldn't talk, as it makes you look pretty stupid.
The first paragraph while understandable, seems to be lacking 'experience'. The general trend is that usually those who cheat in similar games using those methods cheat here. I for one am left in two minds, either there are some fantastic liars on this thread OR that there's a section of exilition planets (who may well come from a 'dodgy' background) that indeed are cheating, it's just that they are keeping it to themselves if cheating is indeed going on. I believe the latter half is the most likely myself.

The second paragraph seems to be more of the same. While they have no concrete evidence to prove x, y or z there are certain fleet actions and growth rates from earlier in the round that are thoroughly consistence with previously closed cheats. They've got every right to be suspicious, they're simply frustrated with the fact that they can't nail anyone with cast iron proof (and to be honest there are players who exilition have recruited might well be worth of a 'reputation') - last round I found 3 top 100 LCH/VsN planets farming each other to prevent enemies from taking roids (farming being the voluntary movement of roids from one planet to another), but because they had done it on a one off, remained open, when even the PA team member who I spoke to agreed that they were cheating (considering they had a shared galaxy channel which they even invited me to on one occaison and were in friendly alliances), there was simply no way of securing a closure/deletion because the system in place was inadequate and couldn't legislate for one-offs and highly suspect behaviour.

The idea of 'beyond reasonable doubt' in planetarion is not necessary, this is civil law and only requires the burden of proof of 50/50. If a PA team member honestly believes someone is cheating, he should feel under no pressure not to close/delete him, provided he gives time to the planet in question to persuade him otherwise.

The r12 system in my view allowed a top 10 planet to roid another voluntarily to achieve a higher rank, and if a couple of steps are taken, then there should be no problems - this cannot be allowed. if 'capping' planets is the only way round this (to ensure you can punish planets when you believe they are cheating, but can't prove it to achieve deletion), then I'm happy it's in place, personally I'd penalise those planets on what XP they can gain, chop their fleet in half and remove all their score in XP.