Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 17:58   #53
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Dole

I'm sorry to disagree with the general feeling, but I'd never do it. Yes it may be a stupid decision, but I have very strong opinions that benefits should be eradicated/substantially reduced, and it would make me a hypocrit to claim.

Pig is perfectly entitled in his actions, but unless they can find a way to substantially reduce the fraud, then the whole system is just a joke. And yes, I think it should be shameful, especially for someone with a degree, as it is meant to be there as support in times of desperation.

£44 is crap all. But it is also about the same amount contributed in NI by one person earling circa £22k/year. And the same amount of total tax paid by someone working a shit job for £12k/year. So one person's entire NI/tax contribution is effectively devoted to supporting another jobless person. I'd rather see the person who earned that money, using it. Personally I'd rather never pay, and never have an entitlement to claim (even a pension).