View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2010, 16:48   #31
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: Congratulations Apprime, HaSu and 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No. We had the option to get massacred by Apprime. This is entirely in line with your own post, in which you correctly state they outwarred and outroided us. Arguable, the failure to realise how close Ascendancy were to giving up is what blew your chances.
You were in no means massacred by apprime(well, after you stopped targetting them maybe). And no, i didnt know asc were in such a weak state.
Quote:
If your war against ND/CT ever finished (I'm not sure if it did, enlighten me), all other alliances worth mentioning would've been reduced to rubble (us by Apprime, CT/ND by you), leaving just you and Apprime. Apprime would then have had the option to nap you and win, or fight you and win.
We targetted them for 7-10 days after you started hitting us, then they gave up more or less. I doubt anyone didnt think asc were able to last 10 more days against app(except those in asc).
Quote:
The alternative suggested by Ascendancy was coordinated targetting of Apprime, which would knock them down to managable levels (as mass incomings always do). This would've been good for everyone except Apprime:
* It would have kept Ascendancy at least interested in the round.
* While it would by no means guarantee Imperia's round win, it at least kept you in the running. This is true even if you believe it also kept Ascendancy in the running, which I would contest but is irrelevant to the point.
* Cooperation against a shared enemy would also have lowered tensions between Imperia and CT/ND, even without the explicit promise by ND/CT that they would not resume hitting you, which Titos unreasonably and unrealistically insisted on.
From what i were told CT said they definatly WOULD keep hitting us after 5 days on app. It's not daft to believe ND would stick with CT in that. It's worth pointing out that imp at this point had an infrastructure that was falling apart, officers not doing anything, inactive hc's etc. The score at this point mostly reflected individual abilities with each member.
Quote:
As for Apprime, napping Imperia was a masterstroke. I don't know if Cardinal intentionally planted Firebird in Imperia, but even if he didn't, Firebird's presence there certainly didn't hurt Apprime's interests. Furthermore, Cardinal's refusal to break the nap with Imperia, even when the risk to their #1 finish was next to nothing, testifies of an interest in more than a single round win.
Very true.
Quote:
I'm not sure if the nap was really necessary, but it did reduce the risk of facing a unified universe by an order of magnitude.

I don't think it compares to some of the political play we've seen in previous rounds, but it's certainly a massive improvement over Apprime's usual (i.e. absent) political strategy. If they can keep that up, I expect good things from them in the future. A win well earned.
I think the NAP prevented rougue elements in both allies from ****ing up the friendly terms, cause about half of both app and imp wanted to attack eachother most of the round. Well shown by the resoning behind the situation where the nap were dropped.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote