View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 14:50   #31
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The PA award ceremony. The real one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I believe Forest is referring to myself in regards to the idea of stagnating the round by napping Ultores.
Erm, a little I guess but not fully. You implied it whereas another senior asc said it outright. That said, it was on pm, hence why I didnt name you.

Quote:
What he fails to mention is the context of the entire discussion to where earlier in the round the expectation was upon myself to lead an anti-Ultores block. That because I am known to being ambitious and wanting to win that none of the other alliances would have to do anything as I, and thus Ascendancy, would deal with Ultores for them.
That is not true. I made it quite clear that others would join you. I also made it quite clear I felt you could win/were favourites and I wasn't prepared to build a block to take on Ult and let Asc walk the win (as I believe is happening atm).
I repeated to you many times I would get you the support you needed but that I expected you to join.

Quote:
My entire stance was simply that others should step up to the plate for once but the amount of conspiracy theories, rumours and such that got spread around to my 'intentions' meant I have fought a uphill battle to convince people I'm not in the goal of an alliance win. Only when people realized this did others get their act together.
People didn't 'get their act together when they realised that'. They went after Ult because Ult were doing what they wanted and farming them. It was the only way they could reduce incomings, by hitting the people hitting them.

Quote:
As for Ultores not hitting Ascendancy because of some perceived 'deal' or the fact we won't hit them - don't be foolish. This has been Ultores tactic the last few rounds, and full credit to them, they've purposefully tried to not piss off too many alliances and it has represented a dramatic shift in their policies since Spore.
They have indeed had a big shift in politics. But as I stated with the players you have and the way you took them from other alliances you have every right to expect to win and as such should be hitting them, in the same way as when we were in spore together I vehomently argued against any agreements with anyone who would be able to outroid us in a straight fight because to be the best you have to beat the best.

Quote:
I think if you ask Ultores, you'll see we don't avoid their planets in our raids nor have we ever entered discussion of cooperation. The only 'cooperation' I've had with Ultores is in the exchange of intel earlier in the round in regards to Conspiracy coordinates.
I did ask Ultores. Their reply was 'I doubt we will hit Asc because we have Ult members in Asc and Asc members who share our alliance rooms.

I put it to you now that you wont hit each other for any military reason, but simply because Ult/Asc are so intertwined that hitting each other in any organised way would be near impossible. You are stuck in a position where you personally dont have anything like the control over politics that you need to conduct a war and that rather then try it is easier to bury your head in the sand.

Quote:
I honestly can't believe you're all moaning about politics this round when the current blocks are actually quite decent in 'fairness' for sides. That has come about partly due to Ascendancy politics and not wanting to 'join sides'.
The current blocks arent far off being exactly the same as round after round and near identical to last round.
They would be different had Asc stepped up to the plate instead of bottom feeding.

Quote:
So sure, call me a coward for not wanting to lead the anti-Ultores block when the top two alliances at the time were being too childish, call me a coward for not wanting to tilt the balance in CT/BF OR Ultores favour right now and create an overwhelming power block but don't call me a coward just because you haven't got your way of Ascendancy hitting Ultores. I have enough balls and have proven that time after time again.
Hmmm
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote