Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 4 May 2015, 21:22   #127
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
ah how stupid of me!
Yeah terran seems to have struggled somewhat. However, A fake fleet of baliffs could let the bombers stand and fight? I have two problems with this as a criticism of the stats:
First, if the Bailiffs are fake are you really gonna risk your bombers? - a personal choice, that, to risk or not.
Second, and more seriously: You could say ETD, XAN, CAT and ZIK could all stand and demolish a fake if they had bailiff defence, because they all have FR targeting CO which would be shielded by the Bailiffs, indeed three of them have FR that are worth leaving in the fight because they hit CR themselves.
The stats are not designed to allow small groups of CO to land against planets with FR! Ive always thought that to expect to be able to land uncloaked fakes against defence is a big ask. The fake allows you to double the attack potential of your CR but not to wish away the fact that there is defence, this doesn't make the fake useless, just that the threat that it is your CR needs to have worked to get the FR out of the way.
Yes the baliff would likely cover the fake on all other races too, however, you can't attack the other races with ter CR solo anyhow. At least up to a point, xans were a viable target for that. As for faking giving a CR fleet too much of an advantage, that's part of the charm of going capital ships, at least for me. Granted the costs of capitital ships are now such that faking has already become quite a risk anyhow as your fakes are never enough value to pack a punch regardless.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote