View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 08:30   #43
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Working/moving abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
My "only" worry for that, is if I decide to move back and I have a gap of 1-2 years in my work resume and I'm applying for an IT job, the company in question might see that as a downside since the jobs I'd be getting for 1-2 years in a foreign country will unlikely be anything IT related.
Or won't they care much aslong as I know the stuff I need to know?

Oops, hadnt read that far. To answer you, many businesses are looking for international experience (though like you said, generally within their field), but not exclusively so - working in another culture can help you with your communications, teamwork, tolerance and other skills that might be desired by (particularly large) corporations. Particularly if you let them know that you have those broader skills.

The idea i had - you working in IT within a school - is then a mixture of the two; it stays in your IT field, its experience in a foreign country, and should contribute positively to your application process.

Have a poke around: http://www.immi.gov.au/
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote