Thread: Races
View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2006, 18:44   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Races

My biggest problem with stealers is the following dilemma.

You got a bashlimit to avoid smaller planets getting whacked, you got a 25% roidcap to avoid smaller planets totally die from getting incs.

Most "hardcore" players agree to this statement: Keeping your fleet alive is the most important thing in Planetarion. Lost roids can be regained etc etc. Right?

Now we have the zik. It doesnt have a bashlimit (it can send def to planets to defend against small targets) It doesnt have a caplimit on ships, meaning it [i]can be able to steal your entire fleet.

I see that zik's are fun, and I agree to that, to some extent, but why should the zik's that way be allowed to steal in so heavy amounts that it can actually cripple and destroy the round for the poor geezer getting incs..

Now, I think that zik's could still be able to steal
but a cap on the value of the steal should be considered, and maybe after that, the rest of the ships subvert enemyships or something similar.