Thread: Races
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 22:10   #34
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Races

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
No, I only have to recode half of the tech tree, the research page, the ticker, the stats admin, the combat engine, some of the major database tables, and probably the construction/production/fleets/missions/overview pages due to knock on effects
I'll see what I can do though in the next couple of weeks though!
Ah, you sound a bit depressed. I don't know PA code, I will just assume it has been coded with a slight approach of reason. This means the research page needs to be reworked (actually the display part can stay the same), the tech tree needs to learn about dependencies, the ticker i see no reason to change, same for stats and the combat engine. Ziks already can have all types of ships so obviously the combat engine can handle it.
All that needs to be changed is the Production Page as you can build more or less ships there depending on more than just 1 research tree.
I assume you already loop on fleets, missions and overview anyway, my parsers do for sure.

Regards,
_are_