Thread: Races
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:27   #6
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
Re: Races

i dunon what seems to be the issue with stealing.
Maybe its just that i am extremly unlucky, or maybe noone can figgure out my faking... but everyone runs from me. every time. I think i capped like 50k value worth of ships throughout the round
And ofc, "questionable" steals ruin the game. i have head of those. But its not that unbalancing.

Were discussing this issue now because Ziks had been given a really good stealing/roiding fleet... And there are drawbacks to it. Has anyone pondered why is there both, rogue and bucaneer same class having same targets (bs) making 1 ship practically useless in zik's lineup ?

imho, to balance out races you just need to balance out stats. And thats impossible to do, and once you do do it, its only good for 1 round, and then u need to change them again for game has to remain forever changing in order not to get extremly boring.

Terr is quite strong, but , imho, just how it was intended to be. I think one of the best terr stats i have ever seen (given i havent played PA for 4 years ;/)

Cath is always an issue. U CANNOT make cath better as better players are almost certain to win, howeer smaller caths are quite fubored, coz EVERY hole in their def gets exploited as much as possible.

Xans would be very easy to balance out, imho. And it is not abotu stealthing (that helps) but about being able to shoot first and having tremendous firepower. If u give Xans viable faking fleet that can roid, it can become very powerfull race without "bringing it to former glory" of "u have 0 incoming hostiles from planet "Xan" zomgwtf ? "
Maybe even let units not work on them, at least people can approximate from the amount of ships. making fakes easier for them.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote