Thread: Stats for r60
View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 00:50   #63
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stats for r60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well yeah, its intetional.
But does it affect the dynamics of the stats that much?
I can't really answer that since I don't think I have enough experience with stats in general but trying anyway;

For ETD FR to be viable as an attack fleet I believe it needs to stop the DE hole.. And in order to do that it needs FR ships from another race.
So how/where to get them?

Possibilities:

a) covop

This is going to be a long and slow process..
And the question remains if you'll be able to get enough FR based anti-DE ships that way

b) stealing

Needs a good DE fleet.
But a potential problem:
  • TER has 3 ships that fire before the ETD DE (FR, CR, BS)
  • Xan has 2 ships that fire before the ETD DE (FI, FR)
  • Zik for a pure attack fleet this doesn't look worth the trouble since the only FR based anti-DE ship of Zik is a steal ship.. It could still be worthwhile to expand the DE fleet with DE ships of other races but I did not check how viable that is.

So in order for ETD FR to be successful you would need a good ETD DE fleet and/or a Cat DE teamup.
But if you have a good ETD DE attack fleet and/or team secured then why bother with building the FR attack fleet?

c) teaming

Basing what follows solely on the initiative...
I know there is more to it but just using it as a starting point..
  • Ter+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: now land-able, a solo Ter FR or a solo Etd FR fleet is outinitted by Ter ships, the teamed fleet has the better init
    • Cat: EMPed
    • Xan: no help, Pulsar has the better init
    • Zik: a solo Ter FR fleet can land it, a solo Etd FR fleet can not. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it
    • Etd: a solo Ter fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)
  • Xan+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: now land-able, a solo Xan FR or a solo Etd FR fleet is outinitted by Ter ships, the teamed fleet has the better init
    • Xan: a solo Xan FR fleet can land it, a solo Etd FR fleet can not. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it
    • Zik: no help, Corsair remains with the better init
    • Etd: a solo Xan fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)
  • Zik+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: no help, Ter remains with the better init
    • Xan: no help, Xan remains with the better init
    • Zik: no help, Zik remains with the better init
    • Etd: a solo Zik fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)

And just repeating what I said at the top: I don't really have enough experience with stats so the above may or may not make sense..
If it doesn't make sense then feel free to ignore it.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote