Thread: Oh my lord
View Single Post
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 08:35   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Oh my lord

"I don't see how this is better than the way it was", is not the same as "I think this is worse than the way it was". Besides, I do see things that have improved since last round.

Personally, I like how there are no longer 'optimal' values to put your population on. Last round there was no point to put your population for construction on 33, it would take just as long as with 26. The same applied for research, but the optimal values were different for each research. This meant that you would either spend 30 minutes calculating what the best value to put your population for research on, or use an external calc of some sort for 15 minutes.

This round, you can just put whatever percentage population on research you like, and any excess points are used for the next research. Same applies for constructions. This, to me, is the major advantage of this system, as opposed to last round's. There is no need for yet another external calculator, to add to the list already required.

That said, it seems the vision that led to this improved research and construction has completely passed by production. It's complicated and unintuitive, it's different for various races and various governments, and I'm not sure what the goal of changing it was. The problem with production is that, to self-cover, its eta needs to be exact, which can make for a lot of order tweaking, while for research and construction, the need to do so is not so pressing. Besides, you have the freedom to halt and resume research, so you don't really need to get up at night to start a new one. Just start a new, long one when you go to bed, and restart the old one when you wake up. This is a freedom you don't have with production. You can't halt and resume incomings.

By the way, queuing constructions has been implemented since r21.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote