View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:27   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Muslim hypocrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefoundation
But why arent Muslims protesting versus the 100 thousand casualties in Darfur where lighter skin Muslims kill black Muslims.
There have been numerous protests against the Sudanese actions in Darfur, and some of these have been attended by Muslims (in, fact I believe the London protests earlier in the year were organised by Muslims). So your entire premise is incorrect from the start.

If your question is why do more people protest against Israeli actions than the actions in Darfur, well there's lots of reasons. The Middle East has a much higher international profile than sub-Saharan Africa (for various reasons) and so people are much more likely to be aware of Lebanon than Darfur. In addition, "Muslims" generally are going to be more annoyed about someone else killing "them" than they are about killing each other. This might be seen as an irrational attidue but it's fairly common (compare the amount of media coverage given go 'racial stabbings' in Europe versus the amount of coverage given (usually) to when someone stabs someone of their own ethnicity).

While I abhor hypocrisy, I don't agree that being selective in your focus is necessarily hypocrisy. I am not equally interested in every single part of the world, and given the scale of the world this is unsurprising. I am more interested in a bomb in London than I am a bomb in Tokyo, not because I care less about Japanese people but I live in London and so that's where my focus is. I am more interested in Cape Town than I am in Nairobi because I have been to the former and have relatives there. And so on. This does not make me hypocritical, it makes me human.

Quote:
Hezbollah is respected by most nations left wing politic's
What are you basing this on? And what do you mean by "respected". I certainly have no great love for Hezbelloah and I don't know many leftists who do. But I might respect them as a resistance movement, on a strategic level.
Quote:
The Russians can kill and pillage in tsjetsjenie and china can kill in Tibet. But a jew cant kill a muslim who attacks them while hiding in a school.
This is emotive nonsense.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 8 Aug 2006 at 13:38.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote