View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 01:59   #276
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stat changes for R15

my expireances of beta i tried to be as unbiased as i can
but as i only used one race it is hard to get the full overveiw

alright brutal honesty of the ship stats in this beta so far in my experience (this is written by someone who used zik so i cannot tell u what it was like playing as the other races just what defending and attacking them was like):

first the frigate fleets:
both were powerful although the xan one was not used much in the few cases where i saw them being used they were devastating especially against zik (not complaining every race has to have strengths and weaknesses) as xan fr fleets of players about half my value were getting most through my defence when i defended against them.

the zik fr were now a useable fleet but not as effective as non ziks assumed especially in the view of just flak the vipers and steal the beetles as if i show u the unit scans of the top zik players u will c that they have managed to pick up not many cat co for the amount of fr they have e.g.:

Beetle 49 Viper 124 with Cutlass 732 Thief 500
Beetle 1299 Viper 1790 with Cutlass 1014 Thief 1408
Beetle 301 Viper 187 with Cutlass 486 Thief 529
Beetle 106 Viper 83 with Cutlass 302 Thief 606
etc...etc

but i think weakening the fr fleets any more will make them to weak i think they are both just about right

cat co was as strong as ever except with the improved zik fr fleet they now had to expect some losses from the steal ships which they did not last round and also the change of the co init so they shoot after spiders means they are no longer as effective against other cats but this effect should cancel as all same race effects normally do cause anything they can do to u, u can do to them. The cat co are mainly hindered by zik and cat combining in defence but combinations of races should win especially as they come from 2 players against one.

Unfortunately i saw very little terran but what i did see was as hard as ever

another unfortunate thing was that what i saw of the xan fi was disappointing. Not because of the stats (in my opinion) but mainly for two reasons first being that i mainly saw them against zik cat combos and the second being that the xans built to many sents and not enough vsk and pulsars and i did not see many arrowheads sent with the fi to attack.

unfortunately in this beta the cat non co was used by about 3 accounts so i did not see how effective they were in practice

finally the zik cr/bs again i did not see this tested properly as almost all the action i saw with them was a very one sided defence against smaller fleets although the xan fr managed to get right past them several times with relatively few casualties.

i only got landed on twice in this beta but as this was not the purpose that is to be expected (although i did not see why i should not enjoy myself while testing things so did do some normal PA stuff but not as much as i would if it was more aimed at playing than testing) in those to landings one was a cat co that would have got through if a cat and a zik had not decided to defend and the other was a xan fr fleet that had a very successful landing

Last edited by Cowmando; 11 Oct 2005 at 02:59.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote