View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 09:57   #47
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
Their offensive firepower is unstoppable (they target everything that targets them that can make out of gal eta)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Phoenix. Combined with pretty much any non-terran fighter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just can't stop laughing, I'm so sorry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Really the stats needed to be totally rewritten, but oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe, on another SD thread
Well I figured out a possible solution, to make them DE coupled with a change to caths to have their CR target DE (move all the anti CR FR to DE), which would have allowed them a second kill ship. But it's all a moot point now.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look, it's Monroe on "stats needed to be totally rewritten" shocker (NO SARCASM).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm almost crying.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dear god.

It's so harsh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I'm going to call this a day, I'm definately sticking as far as possible from the stats debate. Monroe's humor is absolutely killing me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
This would mean that overall their would be more ships there can your EMP fleet can freeze, and is how the game should work?
On a more serious aspect, no. It has to do with targetting. If you have 9k phantoms and 1k phoenixes, the shots are divided .9 by .1. Thus, 10k beetles with 70k guns allocate shots to 63k for phantoms and 7k for phoenixes. 7k shots against phoenixes stun 700 phoenixes, with 300 left to fire. 63k shots at phantoms stun 45990 phantoms. Ironically, 440 beetles die under phoenix fire while 45990 phantoms are stunned, outof the 9000 phantoms that actually take part in the combat. (This is, assuming it hasn't yet been fixed into some excess EMP distributed among other attackers or shots distributed by resistance or value or something). The excess 35990 phantoms you could theoretically stun are wasted shots, so de facto you have enough beetles to stun everything, the targetting just screws you up. This means, that you'd need incredible amounts of overkill stun blasts to snipe the phoenixes from between the cutlass/phantom/banshee/spider spam.

Yeah, it sounds small collateral damage. But it can end up with some very annoying situations. That's why I decided to never again play cathaar after round 19.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Monroe thinks the stats should have been completely redone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
I have to at least say however that it does confuse me that after my mistake with the thief in r21 no one has really complained about game doing the same thing with the investor (which is pretty much useless) for r23.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought it was an experiment that didn't work quite as you expected. (I never really heard the explanation to how you expected it to work after I was politely removed from the dev boards).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe Game is trying to make the experiment work in some different, unpredictable way? Maybe the way you thought your experiment would work?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote