View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 23:22   #42
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Planetarion Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
We could offer a download channel but there's all sorts of nasty legality issues with regards to music so it would have to be talk only.
or copyright free music

Anyway I doubt igloo will take you up on this offer which is a shame because using the podcast method where its not reliant on timezones and removes the music taste of listeners element seems like the perfect way to get a PA audio broadcast to work. I have been around this community long enough to see many attempts to pull the shoutcast model off and every time PAradio has started off with a good start and then dropped off until its the same handful listening and this could have sorted most of the major hurdles it faced. I know you lose some of the edge you get with a live broadcast but the gains are wrth it imho.

As for Squidly question it really doesnt matter what country your from, when it comes to distribution of copyrighed material the laws are pretty much the same ie its illegal. The only thing server location will really effect is how to make your broadcast legal. For example in the UK you can obtain a blanket licence that will allow you broadcast any copyrighted song but this costs an annual fee which is decided based on revenue and audience size. You then have to keep detailed logs of everything you play and report it so royalty fees can be paid to the artists. I believe its the same in the US, although you can signup to live365.com and pay them a monthly fee well below the cost of purchasing a licence and in return you get the same benifit for any music being broadcast via their hosting
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 6 Oct 2005 at 16:02.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote