View Single Post
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 19:09   #296
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
Wohoo Wanadows.. Why can't you attack Terrans? Cath firepower is even more than terrans 'high' armor.. And eh come on, you keep saying Cath needs to build more than one ship, One of Cath's attack fleets shoot later than it's defenders.. Welcome to the tribe of races mate. All races have such problems, I know you are saying that Cath are supposed to be the strongest attack fleet, but frankly, that all what it takes to win such a game. Good alliance and good attack fleet, right ? So you are acutally saying give the top-5 to Cath and put other Caths in the worst 500..
To put it short, the major reason why Cathaar need a 'strong' attack fleet compared to other races, is that EMP doesn't scare away defence. Kill and steal ships tend to make a target run if you do enough damage, where EMP doesn't. If i don't stun the ships my target has that target my fleet, he can leave them home for free kills/salvage. And even if you stun all ships that target you, if the target gets more flak in that ship class, he will still shoot your ships for free.

Now to the fun part, to hit terrans i need to target both his DE and BS fleet, that means i have to EMP through 7 high armour ships to make losses accaptable. And even if i do that, the target will hardly need any defence to start hurting my fleet. Where ppl will think twice before they rush to aid a person that has kill ships incoming, they won't if they are facing a loss-free defence against Cath (worst case your def fleet gets stunned.. oh noo!).

In theory these stats do allow reasonable targets for Cathaar, but it will be far to easy to stop Cathaars the coming round simply because there is nothing in a Cathaar fleet that can possible scare off defence.