Thread: Windows Vista
View Single Post
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 16:17   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Windows Vista

Not really.
And don't start another OS war for heaven's sake. All Linux distros have a long long way to go before they become as user friendly and intuitive as Windows or OSX, and that is assuming developers even WANT it to be that way. Some are closer than others, but none are close enough.
Linux is a fantastic OS for high-reliability business uses (web servers and so on), and for the scientifically/technically minded. However, I know that even if I gave one of the friendlier distributions to my parents, they'd be stuck within 5 minutes.

In short, what I'm saying is that everything has it's place, and Linux's isn't in Average Joe's study just yet. What Microsoft is trying to acheive with Vista (and what Apple have already acheived with OSX) is to bring some of the benefits of a *nix approach to security and fault tollerance to a much wider install base. While the changes will not be obvious to most users (except for the "ooh, pretty" bits), they will undoubtedly be beneficial. Unfortunately, Microsoft are doing a piss poor job of telling this to their target market.