View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:05   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I remember a conversation in the alliance rep channel about this, but I don't remember ever coming to a consensus.
During round 17, Assassin announced game rules on the alliance rep channel and wasn't arsed to invite one of the top competitive alliance of the round in. Later, once we were asked by Night-Sky to join it, NewDawn and Insomnia made a huge fuzz of us being there, saying we don't earn a spot there. Now, the named alliance, part of which I no longer are, is running for the fourth round in the run - all the respect to ND, but the same cannot be said of f.ex Insomnia.

To sum up, the alliance representative mediums (forum, channel) are pretty much a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
yeh make it a vote^
Yeah, make it a vote so a majority of the probably 500-600 active players will have a say. Hell, what if we give a three-day time for people to vote? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
If you can't see the total unfairness in this, well you are a sandwich short of a picnic.

This way no one loses out, as defence can't be arranged until the game is actually open again. If you can find an upset party and explain why that party should be upset clearly and concisely, I would like to hear it.
I'm representing an upset party from round 18, when an alliance called Omen had coordinated a hit on a hostile alliance, and the ticker was stopped and we were floated on ETA5-9, while our lovely enemies were given 24 hours time to coordinate their defences. Obviously, we didn't land too many fleets, my neighbour's dog could organize solid defences with the resources 24hours gives you. Was it fair towards the people who were on ETA5+? Definately not. It'd take a sandwich short of a picnic to not see it. Did the whine change it? No, a part of a war tactic was utterly ruined, and it costed us a day worth utter beating in the war, as our enemies had launched before us.

But there will always be a loosing party, it's pretty much unavoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
Can we rollback the whole round and ship stats?
Can we? Do we have a procedure for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
jesus christ. Absolutely useless. No wonder this game is losing players with muppets running things
I seriously doubt a poll on it and possibly a change of mind to towards the will of those who shout hardest would save the game from loosing players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
procedure or not.

in all fairness - this is no solution at all.
It didn't affect me in left or right so I feel I'm in more position to throw stones than the ones who got affected. Sure, it's bleeding unfair. Sure, it fawks up a lot of people. But a procedure is, overall, better than a haywired descision nobody can predict and that depends on who shouts hardest and who gets their peons run to the poll (which will probably end up with the results 31-17, which just describes how many take part in those polls). Refer to the comment regarding round18, when there was no protocol whatsoever, and the descisionmaking was done with some moronic activity (, "too"?).

It seems Destiny is awfully hurt by this. Did you guys launch late or what?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote