Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 19 Jan 2014, 11:00   #85
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
They do it now, it takes about 300 ticks, not 700, and they're not insanely behind when they're done; they win rounds with it.
With my exile system if you arent a full galaxy then you are in the bracket. That means wether you have 8 members or 12 members there is equal chance of an exiler landing in your galaxy. As far as im aware currently people 'abuse' exiling by keeping themselves in a galaxy smaller than the average to keep themselves in a smaller group of galaxy which have priority over other as destination when someone is exiling. If you removed this ability to put yourself in an 'exclusive club' then it would make exiling to create a super galaxy much harder. From the small amount i know about exiling mechanics making a larger pool of potential targets would weaken the abusive element of the system.

If someone wanted to create an entirely new galaxy under the system i proposed then you are waiting for all starting random galaxies to become full. At the start of most rounds now we are having 60 galaxies in the universe, maybe up to 85 with the change to BP sizes. With my system you need new signups to complete the slots in all the galaxies before the creation of an entirely new galaxy. That is upwards of 300 new players required ontop of those who started the round needed before a new galaxy comes into exsistence, now call me pessimistic but i dont believe we even get 200 new signups a round after ticks start, let alone the 300-400 required for this eventuality. So its abusibility becomes moot until the game grows to the point where it evens happens.

Now finally these super galaxies. I think there is basically 4 of them yes? (as in regulars) Shaz's group, Arma's group, Phants group and 'Mercs'. These are the 4 groups of players that go out of their way to play together each round with parts of that group sacrificing their planets to attempt to get together by tick 500 so they can try and win top galaxy. With my idea for exiling, above, these 4 groups would find it vastly harder to become a collective as the odds of landing in a galaxy together would be a lot harder and require ALOT more exiles with a MUCH LARGER pool of galaxies for them to potentially exile into. Comparing this great undertaking to paying £15 to create the galaxy exile free from tick start im pretty confident that PA would be instantly £60 better off each round (Bitcher 4x15=60 before you get too confused).

I dont want these super galaxies gone from PA, they are good for the game i believe but you need to remove the attitude of exiling ANYONE to get your mates in. That is what hurts the game the most, elitism. By offering a way for them to play together without harming new players in the process as is currently the case whilst charging for the privelage (they all buy credits every round so £15 would really be a drop in the ocean) would benefit PA in the long term.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote