Thread: R71 shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2017, 12:13   #62
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R71 shipstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
I don't really think sending 100k FI at the eta of FR can be described as 'clever'. Furthermore, with ships all appearing at the same eta, you'd still be making assumptions of your incs based firstly on number of units sent so this still lends itself to being able to mask the nature of your fleet. I'm not suggesting this would make the game better or that faking would therefore be more interesting, but it certainly doesn't eliminate faking.

Also, the problems with cloaking and the "lazy play" you refer to wouldn't be affected by this idea. Without cloak, you can't get away with just sending pods so no matter what you were faking with, you'd still be sending real numbers and you'd still have to follow up on your attacks. It's nothing like the idea of Xans just sending pods at people then forgetting about PA for three days.

It's alright Kaiba - just admit you don't like being roided by Xan pods.
Who does?

I think your problem Kenny is you take a really aggressive approach towards things.

What I wanted was a set where effort was rewarded. Too many times we see people put countless hours into a round only for some 'troll' alliance chuck 30 xan cloaked fleets at them and all their hard work is undone. I think that this set will reward effort put in and will make it harder for people to coast into a good rank. Alliances will need to have proper Def fleets, players will have to build sensibly. Sticking 2 ships in .mydef and attacking with full value won't work this round. It should force more team play, which is a good thing for the community.

I'm happy with what I have made and jintao seems happy with them to. People will always moan but most feedback has been positive and that is good.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote