View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 14:42   #32
Igloo

Igloo is on a distinguished road
Re: Planetarion Radio

wakey whilst i know what your saying, and its a percectly good idea, i just find that recording my shows them sending them out is incredibly dull, its just the dj talking, with little or no interaction.

I would much rather take on the pressure and stress of it all.

I am looking for a volunteer who owns a dedicated server (on 100mb burst speed preffered) to host the server,per user, it requires 12kbps. *edit* we can link multiple people together who have high speed connections using a setting in the shoutcast server, called "relaying" they connect to the main server, then pass things on from it, as a secondry server, so if we cannot find someonw who has the high speed requirements, we can allways link 5 or so people via this, and still get enough speed to serve as much of the community as possible. *edit*

so its not a huge drain on bandwidth, but it is for a home user, we could only host 3 maybe 4 people at a time, this would be frustrating for thepeople who want to listen and cant, they probably wouldnt come back to listen again.

i hope to start broadcasting before the new round (a week or so before) so we can do some interviews with PA team and the likes.

I will take all of your ideas on board, thank you, and i shall contact some of the names that you suggested to see what their music tastes are.

It will probably be like this, during the day, a variety of music will be played. and from 6pm till 11 / 12 (midnight) we shall run the shows, for specific types of music, or open dj nights. where anyone who can upload at 12kbps constant, and has a variety of music and some skillz can come and dj to stop it from being the same dj's all the time.

Interviews willmost likely be scheduled for 7pm on friday nights.

There will be a special 2 hour show for the start of the round, talking about the stats, (with maybe even Appocomaster at the mic? ) the code changes (kloopy anyone?), a word from the current head of the multi hunting team, and of course, a countdown to the ticker starting (or not starting, whichever :P )

Thats what it looks like, if i have missed anything you think should be there,let me know either on IRC or here. (irc is sometimes better to discuss things then i can post here).

I think thats all.

Igloo