View Single Post
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 09:55   #33
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
May I ask; what was the point of sending fighters there? They are all stunned, they all get to shoot. All they do is open up the possibility of the defenders to send sentinels, drakes and the like.

From a xand point of view, I do not like them anywhere near as much as I have in previous rounds. The pulsar is a vital anti FR ship, and it should be able to negate xandathrii frigates quite effectively. Xand ships which hit other xand ships for free have always been hideously effective as defence (like the r14 sentinel) as they tend to kill at very impressive ratios well over 100% of their cost.

In the long term, the pulsars should be a key defensive ship that is built by a lot of xands and should quite effectively damage xand frigate fleets. Additionally, as a xand, you can only hit ziks easily with frigates. Caths have an efficient stun/kill thing which has always made hitting them with frigates difficult (last round it was viper stunning ghosts then tarants killing), terrans back wyverns and xands pack pulsars. CO look like the most tempting option as they have 2 targets they can hit; caths and ziks. I think these will be very difficult to stop in alliance and so it will be up to ingal pegs and tzens to deal with them. Overall, the frigate fleet looks a bit like a dead duck, and I would only genuinely consider the corvette fleet.

In terms of defence, xands have issues with both terran attack fleets, both cath attack fleets (add spiders to the FI fleet) and possibly zik FI. With them so vulnerable to so many types of attack fleets, and with just one viable attack fleet of their own, I'd avoid xands with the current stats.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote