Thread: Blocks in r9.5
View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2003, 17:00   #29
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I don't think anyone who's died on a battlefield fighting for people they've never met in a cause they knew was right would be too chuffed with you comparing what they did to someone's vapid delusions of superior morality in an online text-based game to be quite honest.
I am merely pointing out that even in a game like this, people should treat others the same way as they would in every day life. Wishful thinking maybe...

No, your example can hardly be compared to the concepts of 'honour' and 'respect' in an online game, yet making them incomparable, and maybe of less magnitude, by using the given example, does not make them less important in this game.

Someone who gave his life for a fellow comrade in a war, acts in great honour, and deserves a huge amount of respect for that, yes. But if someone decides to defend a fellow alliance member in this game, in the know that he will most likely use his entire fleet in the process, a fleet he has worked hard for to establish in weeks of hard work in front of a computer, deserves honour and respect as well, it's different I will admit, but hardly absent.