View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2004, 23:01   #107
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Massive scanning - rank #1 point of view

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
given the above, i would suggest that a proportinate load would be something like:
a share of work required which is of a comparative magnitude to others

requesting hundreds of pages an hour, would seem to be of a different magnitude to the 'average player', whom, i would suggest, requests more in the order of tens of pages if that.
The most active players will request more pages than the 'average' player. Shall we ban them just in case?

I know what disproportionate means (hell, I could give you its latin root); I was pointing out that it doesn't actually mean anything in this context.

Furthermore, why can't the servers take 'hundreds of pages an hour'? If there were 50 or 100 coordinated people doing this I could see your point, but surely they should be able to take the supposed 10 people, even if they are requesting pages 4 or 5 times a second.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote