Thread: Ldk
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 05:03   #142
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Dark Elf stuff was exceptionally killy, it just somehow didn't... work (that's what I found anyway)
I much preferred the old Dark Elf list. Admittingly it was flawed. (Scouts used to cost 13 points, same as a normal Crossbowman and had BS 5, skirmish and infiltrate abilities but no light armour).

I much preferred the old Witch Elves with their Str 4 attacks. (+1 strength due to the poison). Just that extra -1 to the SM really helped. Now they arent quite as good, they are only useful vs very light troops. The new Cold Ones are pathetic. Getting rid of the 2 attacks for the mount I can deal with, but removing movement (when in White Dwarf it claimed the Dark Elves were supposed to be quicker - irony) and making the stupidity last all battle is just too harsh on one of the only troop types that can deal with calvary.

I don't like the new bolt throwers either - I would have prefered 4 shots with the -2 sm but goes through ranks rather than the current 6 at -2sm but doesnt go through ranks.

Black Guard and Executioners just die before they get to do anything nifty due to their crap armour and the magic item choice for the Dark Elves is just really poor.

Not to mention you can't put sorceress on chariots and the fact they got rid of Witch Elf heroes and the list just seems focussed on making you go for certain choices. I so far always see Dark Riders used and everyone says they are essentially. I just would prefer if the Dark Elves got a chance to use their variety of units and still be able to win rather than loads of them being redundant.

The Dark Elves had the short straw before when the High Elves were redone (which was essentially they took the Dark Elf book and improved upon it - it was a laugh) but now High Elves just seem to have a much bigger advantage.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony