View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 02:12   #14
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: About my Canadian military expirience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Quite amusing,

However being in the front line without ammo is a bit unfunny.

If I were to ask when was the last time a modern Army was ordered to fix bayonets and charge, most people would probably reply WWII or Korea?

In fact it was at Goose Green in the Falklands conflict, the Para's were under attack, and had run very low on ammo, the officer gave the order to fix bayonets and charge.

Scarey stuff to say the least.
actually, the most recent time would've been a few months ago in Iraq. Some squad (British) where attacking a couple of "insurgents" trenches and did a bayonet charge. I remember because The Sun made a huuuuge fuss over it. That and the squad were from my local regiment The PWRR (Princess Of Wales Royal Regiment)

PS "They don't like it up 'em!"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote