View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2017, 22:01   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Allow ally fleet to run and hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
Then why have AFs at all? Get rid of them. (Not being sarcastic at all)
I'm not quite ready to go as far as advocating the removal of the alliance defense fleet, but I'll freely admit to feeling more and more uncomfortable with the style of play they've introduced, with tags worth of players who do nothing but send (or set) defense fleets. I'm worried about how this pressures alliance HCs to create larger and larger alliances in order to compete. This enlargement of alliances far beyond the tag limit has been forcing more and more players into fewer and fewer alliances, spread among 2 tags.

Some alliances have already reached 100 players, and the trend is upwards. Alliances of 150 players might have been fine when the game had thousands of active players, but a game of 750 players simply cannot support such large tags. If forging a deal with 2 other alliances already secures 40% of the entire playerbase to your cause, there's a problem. You can't have fluid politics in a universe where just 1 or 2 deals joins such large portions of the player base together. Gangbangs are annoying, but at least you can try breaking it apart to ease the pressure on your alliance. Now imagine the block gangbanging you consists of 3 tags that are all part of the same alliance.

I admit, this is a much broader discussion than what this topic is about, but I hope I've outlined some of my concerns, and my reasons for (weakly) opposing this seemingly innocuous suggestion.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote